February 17, 2013

shut your whole body down


There is a chill in
the air that
keeps whispering
to me,

petting my hair
gently, running down
my spine to burst in
my pants.

The kind of chill that cools and
shut your whole body down.

It's you facing your own death
and letting go your utopian
connection to the universe.

You are nothing but a tiny bubbling pale spark of light.

Popping your way out in the cosmos,
you find your place in the emptiness of time
and space to settle down
and cry with joy.

Oh victory! Oh glorious day! I made it! I made it OUT!
I have no fear now.

A veil shrouds your eyes,
catching a spell on your consciousness
– no memories left behind.

Pure annihilation that finally out of breath
let it out and
spat it out and
vomited its true wild unfixed uncharged mysteries and
dreams like nightmares and
nightmares like dreams in
daylight bursting into
flames of powerful rage and
a destructive middle finger.