March 5, 2013

"Oh Karl, when you are not safe, I am not safe"*


There's something troubling me down in my throat. I already tried to pick it up with my fingers down to my fist deep in my mouth but nothing but a scream came out. I startled at first and then realized it must have been so much frustration and pressure from everyday life getting out o' my body to allow my mind to cool off and make my brains roast in peace on my flaming skull powder. It's a weird sensation I thought and then confessed to myself that the only reason that – let's say – reflex needs to explode from the inside out from time to time is that sometimes I can't allow myself to let go and feel free to think and move and write the way the words come out nakedly with vocal cords and harp dissonances shaped like a typhoon crashing on every single surface of my apartment. Now it feels much better. Thanks to the world for ignoring me once more.

* from HOWL by Allen Ginsberg (but of course!!)